Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Pumpkins, Pumpkins, Pumpkins!


Pumpkins, pumpkins, pumpkins! This week with my students who have severe disabilities we did a pumpkin unit! We began by reading the adaptive book that I created called Pumpkins (see picture above and TPT link below)!  The students learned about what pumpkins look like and how they are grown. After we worked on turn taking. I brought in a blow-up pumpkin and the student sat in a circle and took turns passing the pumpkin. After, I had the students request the pumpkin if they wanted to play with is by using their various communication devices.  Next, we made our own pumpkins (see pictures above). I found this easy craft on Pinterest. It was a hit and I highly recommend this craft! When they were completed we hung them up as decorations in the classroom! Enjoy!

TPT Link for Pumpkins Adaptive Book: http://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/Pumpkins-Adaptive-Book-888091

No comments:

Post a Comment