Friday, October 18, 2013

Halloween Language Activites


I love working on language skills with a Halloween theme because what student doesn't love Halloween!?  I created a Halloween Language Activities Unit (see TPT  link below) based on my students IEP objectives (categorizing, describing, sentence formulation, following directions, conversation skills, and more). After working on these various activities throughout the week I wanted to share one of my favorites which was the Halloween conversation starters. I cut up the conversation starters and had each student take turns picking a card from the jack-o-latern. After the student picked a card they asked a peer the question. This gave me a great opportunity to work on sentence structure and conversation skills with my students. All my students love Halloween so much so they had tons to say!
http://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/Halloween-Speech-Language-Therapy-Materials-Austism-and-Language-delays-673542

No comments:

Post a Comment