Monday, October 14, 2013

Fall Language Activites



This week with my students we began our theme is fall theme! We will be doing various language activities about fall throughout the week. After looking at my students individual IEP goals I created materials. A majority of my students are working on formulating grammatically correct sentences and attributes. First, I gave the students a brown paper bag and gave them two minutes to collect as many leaves as possible on the playground. We then went inside and talked about the attributes (size, color, textures) of the leaves we had found. Next, put all the leaves into one bag and the students went around the table and picked a leaf out of the bag (without looking)! Depending on what leaf the student picked they had formulate a sentence using one or two attributes (depending on their IEP objectives). After, we completed this the student choose a leaf and filled out the worksheet (see above).  See link for my fall language activities available on TPT! Enjoy!

http://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/Fall-Speech-Language-Therapy-Materials-AutismLanguage-Delays-662425

No comments:

Post a Comment