Friday, April 26, 2013

Wh-Question Visuals


 While working with students on the autism spectrum I have found that answering wh-questions is very difficult for them. I have made visuals for 'what', 'where', 'when', and 'who' questions. I focus on one type of wh-question and explain to the child what the answer will always be. For example, 'who' questions will always be a person. After this is taught I "kill and drill" who questions with the student. I have seen a lot of success with this strategy. These visuals are used throughout the lessons for wh-questions and I share these visuals with the classroom teacher to help with generalization.
Below is a link to my wh-question visuals that are available for free on TPT.

http://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/Wh-Question-Visuals-For-Students

No comments:

Post a Comment