Monday, April 22, 2013

Spring Therapy Ideas

It is (sorta) spring in Chicago so this week I will begin my spring unit with my students. I have created many worksheets for my students to work on based on their IEP goals. This morning with the self-contained autism classroom I worked on the attributes of big and small. Many students in this classroom use PECS as their mode of communication and reached the phase where they add the attributes of size and/or color to their sentence strip. We first used stuffed animals (one big and one small) and I had them determine the size of the stuffed animal. Next, we used the worksheet (see above). Visual and verbal prompts were given to students depending on their skill level with this concept. See link below for the spring unit on TPT. Happy Earth Day and Spring! :)
http://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/Spring-Speech-Language-Therapy-Materials-AutismLanguage-Delays

No comments:

Post a Comment