Monday, April 29, 2013

Insects!!

This week we will being our insect unit! This is personally one of my favorite units to do with my students because they love it! I get insects from the dollar store and get Easter grass and put them in a container. I have the students search for the insects and then I have the students put the insect in a sentence and we work on describing them with adjectives. For my non-verbal students, I have a choice board and PECs pictures to have them formulate the sentences. I also have made a handful of worksheets (see link below) about insects that I have made to meet my students individual needs. Towards the end of the unit we go outside to search for insects and use what we learned about insects throughout the week. This helps with generalization of what the students learned in speech! Stay tuned for my activities from my insect unit this week!

http://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/Insect-Unit-for-Autistic-Children-and-Children-with-Language-Delays

No comments:

Post a Comment