Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Building Rappot with Students

One of the most important factors for having your students succeed in speech-language therapy is  building rapport with them. One of the first activities that I will be doing with all of my students is activities that help build rapport. I have developed an activity that I will be using with my middle school students. Students and myself will take turns rolling our conversation dice and will take turns answering the question that the dice lands on. These questions are basic questions that cover favorite things (season, color, sport, etc). Not only will we get to know more about one another I will also be able to collect baseline data on my student's expressive and receptive language skills. Below is a link for this free activity! Enjoy!
http://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/Conversation-Starters-Getting-to-know-each-other-855786

No comments:

Post a Comment